speaking of ETD's (SAT III)

dpshans at aol.com dpshans at aol.com
Sat Oct 11 14:32:54 MDT 2008

For those who use the SAT III, I'm interested in finding out what checks people use with the machine to verify various intervals.

For example a simple check for a 6:3 octave in the bass would be to tune the upper note, set the SAT to the note one octave below, and play the upper note.? Lights spinning clockwise should indicate an octave wider than a 6:3, and lights spinning counter clockwise would indicate a narrow 6:3.?

Checks for octaves, double & triple octaves, octave-fifths, etc. would be useful.? Since this topic might have a "narrow" interest range, (i.e. not everyone uses a SAT III), please feel free to email me privately at dpshans at aol.com.?

Thanks,

Dan Dannenfelser
Sacramento, CA