the economy

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 10 03:07:09 MDT 2008

Hi all,

Richard asked an interesting question: how many pianos do you tune per day or week? Terry, was it a joke or do you really tune up to 30-40 tunings a week? Looking to the smilie I assume it was a joke.  Usualy I try to limit it to 3 tunings per day, but in the high season (christmas time) I have to do 4 appointments. Next monday I will have a hard day: I will drive in an area where 5 pianos are waiting for me. But these days are very very rare. Furthermore, I do field service only for 3 days a week because I have my store opened for the other 3 days a week. Of course I have to tune in my store, too. But I try not to do too many tunings a week. It´s making me tired and sometimes it´s  stressfull. And I feel it´s getting more stressfull with the years, particularly in the high treble. Now I am 43 years old and 20 years ago it seemed to be easier. But I am very very happy that I have my Verituner for 2 years now. How could I work without an ETD all the years? It makes work much more comfortable.

Gregor