Shameless.... :)

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Oct 10 02:01:42 MDT 2008

Thanks Ric

Its a Bohemia...which is much the same as Petrof really... some
differences.  Pretty ok all in all.  They get a bad rap from most
pianists tho.  None of the pianists except the Prof himself and his
niece would play the thing for the concert.  Well... Håvard Gimse
actually played short pieces on both and there was a double grand piece
at the end... but all the others just didnt even give it a second look.
The Steinway thing you know.  That said... the Steinway is really a much
better instrument. Still... Bohemias, like Petrofs are very good in
terms of being cost-effective. In their price class they have the nicest
sound I've run into.  A good tech can make them run well enough.

Cheers
RicB

    Congratulations RicB.
    I see that there is a Petrof lurking amongst the piano fleet.  Any
    good?
     ric