the economy

Dean May deanwmay at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 06:27:15 MDT 2008

>>That risky loans became the de-facto standard of banking here is what got us
to this point.

That only tells half the story. The push for this came from Clinton and was
expanded on steroids by Bush II. They both expanded a 1977 Act to push
mortgage loans for people with bad credit histories. Then in typical
government heavy handed fashion they used the Justice (sic) Department to go
after lending institutions that weren't aggressive enough in giving loans to
people they knew would default. I promise, I'm not making this up: make the
loan or go to jail was the attitude.

Blame corporate greed all you want, it's an easy target. But don't discount
the Feds forcing bad loans. Bush had to get all this money pumped into the
system and he forced lending institutions to do it. So they gave money to
people they knew would default.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272