What's all this I hear about Inertia ?

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Oct 6 17:11:08 MDT 2008

Of course you (and David) are correct here. Late at nite, looking <<too
casually>> at a simple formula while forgetting its use in practice are
my only excuse.  My apologies for not being more careful.

But now that we are clear of this, which also gets me past the bit where
compensating for lead with assist springs leaves the SW ratio the
same....  (the last being the stumble which got me into this mess) I
still dont buy into the idea that 10 grams or more of lead switched out
with equivalent in assist spring strength is going to result in the same
<<feel>>.

Cheers
RicB

    Grin... if you change the amount of FW,  then you change the Ratio
    and you no longer have "an action with the same hammers, ratio, and
    BW, but different leading" You have an action with both different
    leading and different ratio.

If all that one changes is FW, then the only thing that changes is BW.
SWR stays the same as does Action Ratio and regulation.
--

Regards,

Jon Page