Low Inertia

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Oct 6 13:27:50 MDT 2008

As I said, it would nice to establish the relationship because weight and
distance ratios currently are not the same.  That was what I took Jude to be
referring to.  I assume you meant you weren't sure this was possible rather
than "accurate" since I made no claim one way or the other.

With reference to change in SW Ratio and change in regulation.  I didn't
qualify whether the change would be significant or not.  The issue is that
any change in the action ratio will result in a change in regulation specs.
You can compensate for that change by adjusting the blow distance, the
aftertouch or the dip and the amount of the compensation may in fact be
minimal if the change to the ratio is minimal.  So a change in the SW ratio
does mean a change in the regulation specs, necessarily.  It may not be a
significant change but there will be a change.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com