Geometry [was Re: Inertia...etc]

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Oct 6 13:48:07 MDT 2008

With all respect DA.... the math involved to understand these basics is
....well very basic... as you yourself point out. And it is most
certainly worth (for the ambitious and creative piano tech) digging into
enough to grasp.

Cheers
RicB

    I checked it out, JD. for me, this is like reading Chinese---no
    understanding at all. Thank God I have good ears, good hand-eye
    coordination, and a dogged will to make pianos beautiful. If my job
    depended on understanding math formulae, I'd be cooked like a goose.

    DA

             > At 17:17 -0700 30/9/08, David Andersen wrote:
             >
             >> ...I'll read the article and probably still be in the
            dark if  there's any more than 6th grade algebra involved.

         > I'd guess it might be a good idea to look at the Law of
        Cosines in