Low Inertia

Jude Reveley/Absolute Piano juderev at verizon.net
Mon Oct 6 06:16:34 MDT 2008

It is, however, possible to design to a certain action ratio, or maintain
one, without playing hilly nilly with the regulation specs (specifically
aftertouch). This will generally require a new balancerail made to a new
height and location in order to maintain the half stroke for any given set
of parts. The amount of keyleading will still be particularly dependent on
the action ratio and hammer weight.

I'm in the process of conducting experiments that test the results of front
lever arm changes in terms of front weight. David Stanwood has also made the
suggestion to compare weight ratio to distance ratio. I'm hoping to have
some interesting data in the next few years to share. This making a living
business is a real drag, especially in this gloom and doom economy; and it
keeps interfering with my artistic and scientific experiments. ZOUNDS!!!

Jude Reveley, RPT
Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
Lowell, Massachusetts
(978) 323-4545