Seasoning Dampers

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Sun May 25 15:02:19 MDT 2008

I think Spurlock sells a "bag of beans", that can be placed on top of the dampers to weight them down. Personally I have never used anything to weigh them down. If any pressure is needed to make sure a damper fits right, I just use a finger. I believe the weight of the damper lever should be enough to properly seat a damper. But, as Joe mentioned, you have to make sure the strings are level.

Just my?4 cents worth.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI