Una corda and double damper lift

Don Mannino donmannino at ca.rr.com
Sat May 24 19:11:04 MDT 2008

Paul,

I would look at the hammer shank spacing over the wippens.  It could be
that the shanks / hammers have been spaced towards the bass, causing the
action to have to move farther than normal to make the una-corda work.
Trimming stop block (or removing shims), spacing the hammers towards the
treble, then resetting the una-corda adjustments might do the trick.

As Owen mentioned, once you are confident that the action is spaced
properly, then look at the damper lever spacing.  I have also on a few
occasions trimmed key end felt to solve this problem.

Don Mannino