PDA's/Batteries

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat May 24 03:44:49 MDT 2008

Thanks for the comments John. The epoxy was more a spur-of-the-moment thing. Ten batteries might be a bit much for just tape. I thought abou velcro for a pack that would just stick on the back of my PDA, but this pack I felt was too large and being that the recharging cord attached on the bottom edge of the PDA, it really needs to be up off the surface when plugged in - the using the pack as a base accomplishes that.

Yes, I realize it is a bit of a permanent arrangement with the epoxy in there, but I have found these batteries to last years and countless recharging cycles. I just figured this thing was something of a prototype and that I would want to change something about it long before the batteries lost their recharging capacity - i.e., when it comes time to change out the batteries, if I haven't come up with a better idea for the whole arrangement, then it serves me right to have to do the whole thing over again!

Terry Farrell