what to do, what to do...

daniel carlton hacicspe at gmail.com
Fri May 23 14:53:58 MDT 2008

Hey guys and girls,
First, thanks for responses.

*Are you sure they developed in your shop?*

Well I'm 95% certain I didn't see them in the owner's home before I moved it
*.*

*How long has it been there?*

About a month and half or two.*  *

*What's the average RH of your shop?*

Haven't measured yet.

*If the cracks keep expanding, you have a big  *

*problem in your shop......*

When I first noticed them the weather was a little cooler than it has been
 recently

and the cracks seemed just a smidge wider, but they've closed up more since
then.

Now that you guys mention it, the cracks do appear to be expansion joints
rather than cracking.

**

*Surely you can nurse any piano for 5 years. Though it should be fine for*

*much longer. And even if disaster strikes you have two options that you*

*should be prepared to make: refund the purchase price or replace it with a*

*comparable piano. You should clear up that your warranty gives you the*

*discretion of repair, replacement or refund. You should be able to replace*

*it for less than what she is purchasing it for. *

Sounds good to me. I hadn't really thought too much about a guarantee.

I realize now that I probably rushed into this, and should have

taken a little more time to be sure I had all my ducks in a row.

Something to learn from though.

Daniel