floating the soundboard

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Mon May 12 11:34:15 MDT 2008

At 11:39 -0400 12/5/08, Farrell wrote:

>..to the best of my knowledge there are not other
>rebuilders/designersÊwho are experienced in redesigningÊin
>loose-foot features. Correct?

In America, since 1990, you mean?  I've no idea.  My education comes
from the great non-American makers from 1865 to 1914 and a
significant proportion of their output had the soundboard floated in
various ways for various reasons.  Perhaps you need to widen your
horizons.  There is a great deal more to be learned from the a past
when a thriving tradition of pianomaking ran in people's blood than
from an impoverished present.

JD