PDA's/ Batteries

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon May 5 15:21:29 MDT 2008

I did two tunings today on Yamy C3 - both needed a real serious tuning. I spent about 1.3 hours on each piano and ran the Verituner program on my HP ipaq 111 for the full duration. My ipaq has a 1.2 Ah battery. I had 77% battery capacity left after the first tuning and 55% left after the second tuning.

I'm part of the "good tools cost some $$, but usually pay for themselves in the long run" crowd. I ordered my Spurlock PDA cradle the same day I ordered my PDA. I knew I would need it and I knew Bill's jig would be a workhorse. I've tuned several pianos with it now and it seems to work like a charm. I also bought his little grand plate strut clamp for mounting the PDA cradle - it is very handy and works well.

Terry Farrell