Voicing Help

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Sun May 4 21:44:36 MDT 2008

Julia

Have you tried steam voicing? That really takes the edge off the sound. Try a little on one hammer and see what reaction you get. After you do all of them,?needle voice?for more subtle changes.?On uprights, I?voice by pushing one needle in?at about 1 o'clock, but going across the top, and not down in. (Like you're trying to slice off the top of the hammer).?I repeat as many times as needed to get the sound I want.
?

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI