breaking loops

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Mar 31 23:05:58 MST 2008

Grin...

I see Nossaman is paying close attention to reading here.  No he did not
design my strings.  That would be curious indeed :)  That said, the
strings I had made were done by a reputable German firm.  They were
given the original Steinway scale figures and the exacting lengths as
they require them.  I had the same problem with the set of pure sound
strings they made for what seemed to both them and myself the low
tension Bluthner scale.  I have to figure they know their tension
problematikk since they've been at it for quite some time now and have a
good reputation.  They mention a problem with present day Roslau wire.
I wonder if J.D.'s comment about too tight a wind on the loop might be
in the picture.

Cheers
RicB

             >>> Are you quite sure the tensions are within the limits?
             >>>
             >>> JD
             >>>>

         >> Quite.
         >> Ron N>

             > I thought we were talking of Ric Brekne's strings.  Did
            you design them
             > or something?
             >
             > JD

        Yes, but even if I hadn't, I'd have most certainly run the
        numbers when they started popping.
        Ron N