Math/Physics Problem: degrees of rotation of tuning pin = how muchpitch change

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Mar 29 14:49:37 MST 2008

> *I would wonder, why, with all the variables, would you be interested?*
> *It can obviously be done, but to what end?*
> John Ross

I don't know why Kurt would be interested, but I was, and am.
The variables are just that - variables in the equations, to
be measured and plugged in. I set up a spreadsheet for my own
edification, using the readily available string scaling
formulas. I figure that if these formulas can give you a close
enough approximation of tension and elongation from diameter,
length, and pitch, they can be rearranged to produce a close
enough approximation of pitch change from the other direction
with an elongation length change. Why the interest? it's
called education. I like to be able to generate "good enough"
answers, whenever possible, to my own wonderings.

Ron N