help

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Mar 27 04:13:28 MST 2008

helpWim has some good suggestions. IMHO, it would depend on what your recommendation consisted of. If it was a blanket positive recommendation "I am aware of a nice very good condition Acrosonic....", then your recommendation may have been faulty (maybe because as Wim pointed out, maybe the movers dropped it).

On the other hand, if you said something like what I try to say when asked: "Yes, I have serviced Mrs. Xxx's Acrosonic several times. My recollection from when I serviced it last - about xx months ago - was than it was a nice little piano. However, not having done a thorough pre-purchase inspection at that time, and more importantly, not recently, I wouldn't want to stake my reputation on it's condition. I recommend that we give it a good inspection prior to purchase." Or something along those lines. I try to make it clear that it is likely a good piano and worth pursuit, but I am not willing to vouch for its condition at this time without inspecting it. IMHO, doing something along these lines keeps one in the clear - and in fact does the potential buyer a favor.

If your recommendation was faulty - I guess you have to let your conscience be your guide. To be honest, I'm not sure what I would do.

Terry Farrell