Winter Spinet with plastic damper flanges

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 08:18:25 MST 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 9:17 AM, tom <tomtuner at verizon.net> wrote:

>  Tom Driscoll
>  ------------------------------
>
> *Subject:* Winter Spinet with plastic damper flanges
>

> Greetings,
>

>            Has anyone ever seen a particular type of Winter spinet that
> closes up just like a square grand?
>
> Yes.
>

> All closed up,  it looks like a buffet table or some cabinet. I never seen
> one of these. Are they common?
>

> I've seen a few.
>

> The thing has plastic damper flanges, yet all other parts are wood. Also
> the shape of the scale is very interesting as the bass scale is *curved*.
>

> Julia
>
> Reading. PA

> 8:52 AM

I've seen a couple of those, it seemed to be a popular furniture style at
one point since I have seen Baldwins, Kimballs & Gulbransons with the same
furniture styling. I always thought they looked rather like a
buffet/sideboard or a short coffin on legs! <g>

Mike

--
The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that
will allow a solution.

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404