rescale bass strings

Mark Dierauf pianotech at nhpianos.com
Tue Mar 25 12:54:07 MST 2008

Actually Mapes' ability to get the lengths right was one of their
stronger points for me. The printouts I sent had stretch pre-calculated
with instructions to wind to the exact length specified. I gave them
hitch to wrap and length of wrap, and they usually came pretty close. I
will also say that when they did screw up a length they were quick to
make it right, no questions asked. I was prepared to cut them some slack
on OD's (even though I worked from a list of wrap sizes that they
themselves provided me), but their failure to give me the requested core
sizes was a blatant disregard of my instructions.

- Mark Dierauf