rescale bass strings

AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 25 06:49:26 MST 2008

Dean, I agree. I started with Mapes when I lived in NY (at the time they were a local suppliers). I don't remember too many problems back then. After they moved to TN, there were overtones I didn't like, sometimes twangs (is that a word?), dead strings occasionally.  Overall not happy with the sound. I tried Arledge a couple of years ago and never looked back. I also hear lots of good things about JD Grandt, but haven't tried them.

Al Guecia