balance hole reamer?

Scott Jackson scottwaynejackson at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 25 03:34:19 MST 2008

Re: balance hole reamer?John,
I have not before seen balance holes like the pictures that you sent.

I happen to have an old grand action on the bench at the moment for
re-pinning, clean-up, & key-bushing. Many keys are binding at the balance
hole, so I thought I'd try to counter-sink one in that style. It seems to do
the trick! The hole has nearly zero clearance to the pin, but performs
perfectly. I'm thinking of doing the same to all the keys.

Have you tried "converting" a key-set to this style?

Scott Jackson