pinblock support in square grand

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Sat Mar 22 22:21:25 MST 2008

I would be very (understatement) apprehensive about doing any sort of
pounding on an instrument that is over 160 years old.  Even with a
pinblock support.  Put it this way - if you can't access it to install
a support, what is your plan to fix it if you damage it by pounding?
I suggest turning the pins in slowly  so that not too much heat is
generated.

By the way, what kind of string wire are you using, and what size pins?

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440
info at pianofortesupply.com