birdcage pitch?

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Mar 22 09:08:05 MST 2008

That´s pretty unusual. Is it possible that there is a relation between the stability and these 7 passes?

My guess is not. I raised the pitch of an old upright Kimball more than 100 cents (don't remember exactly how much) about six years ago. One year ago I returned to tune it again (only needs tuning every 5 years) and it was right up to A440. I think a big ol' flat, dead soundboard has more to do with it than how many passes one uses to get a piano up to pitch.

Terry Farrell