Yamaha Jack issue

Scott Jackson scottwaynejackson at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 21 18:45:41 MST 2008

Yes! That's the number one problem that i've had with Yamaha upright jacks. They can become "wedged" up between the hammer butt and the set-off rail. I wasted a lot of time on this when i first encountered it. I couldn't figure which direction to move the rail.
swj

  ... make sure the jack is not being forced into the letoff rail, and held there when in check.  At the end of the jack's arc, there should be a minimum of 1mm clearance between the jack and the letoff rail felt.  It might look like there is enough clearance, so examine carefully.  If there is not enough clearance, you need to move the leftoff rail back to you slightly (away from the strings).  If you move the letoff rail, you'll need to reset letoff.

  --
  JF