unusual dampers

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri Mar 21 18:20:09 MST 2008

??Jurgen dude
? Sign me up.? I love the way these old Mason & Hamlin?Dampers are cut.? I find they add an extra measure of shut off especially on the lowest four or so bi-chords. as Long as they aren't the price of gold. grin
? Dale

Dampers shaped like an "M" for bi-chords sound like a good idea. However, my personal experience is that there is normally not a problem with regular shaped "V" dampers for bi-chords if they are seated correctly. For me, damping problems usually originate elsewhere.?
?
Having said that, if there is a demand for this style of bass damper felt, I can get some custom cut from high quality felt. A factory minimum would apply to my order with the felt maker, but if there is sufficient demand I would be willing to stock this.?
Anyone interested??
? ?

Jurgen Goering?
Piano Forte Supply?
(250) 754-2440?
info at pianofortesupply.com?
http://www.pianofortesupply.com?
?
On Mar 21, 2008, at 13:03, Rick Ucci wrote:?
?
>> List,?
>> I was tuning a M&H grand (rebuilt very nicely about 8yrs, ago) when I >> noticed that the first six bichords from the bottom had damper felt >> shaped like an "m" with the felt touching both sides of both strings.?
>> Has anyone else seen similiar? It really seems to make sense, and >> yet I've never seen this type in Schaff or elsewhere, or any other >> piano. Could it be custom made by the rebuilder??
>> Thanks,?
>> Rick Ucci / Ucci Piano?
?
?