birdcage pitch?

Thomas Cole tcole at cruzio.com
Fri Mar 21 12:40:05 MST 2008

Holly -

Some questions come to mind. Why is this piano three half steps flat? Is
the pin block delaminating and leaning forward. Are the tuning pins
starting to point downward instead of up? Is there some structural
problem with the bridge or plate? Is the piano uniformly flat or just
one area?

Maybe it's none of the above, but a thorough inspection should be done
before doing any tuning.

Tom Cole