Dampp chasers in schools was: good school pianos

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 20 08:08:33 MST 2008

I have to second your experience Mike. I have the same problem. Usually the profs will want me to take the pitch down even before the pitch has come down after about 2 weeks of the systems being plugged back. Then, I have to raise the pitch again.

So now, I refuse to lower the pitch after the summer vacations on the pianos that I find unplugged. I explain to them that "budget wise", it's much better for them to suffer for 2 or 3 weeks and that the pianos will be much more stable if I wait for the system to do it's job.

I now send schools a reminder mid august asking them to make a round and make sure that all systems are plugged in. This has worked a little.

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC