tuning (mute methods and deebees)

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 19 23:04:51 MST 2008

Hey Joe,

That is the muting method I've just started using.   Today I went back to the Ballet and the pianos were dead solid.   None of the left strings had dropped!   I'm convinced this is worth pursuing.  My theory is tuning tuning the left and right strings don't have any effect on each other and then the center effect is halfed with each string on either side.   I'm sticking to it.  I tuned a upright and it was a little of a hassle cuz the strings are closer together, but still found the unison was coupling better...clearer.   Maybe its the drugs...;-]

David Ilvedson, RPT

Pacifica, CA 94044