Incorporation questions

Will Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Wed Mar 19 17:41:03 MST 2008

Geoff - I don't qualify as an expert on these things - I have prevailed upon
the advice of my accountant and a lawyer in the past as pertain to my own
set of circumstances for business and personal.  I can only encourage you to
get enough advice from knowledgeable professionals to make an informed
decision on your own behalf.  As for the tax advantages over being
incorporated over sole proprietorship, unless you are making a lot of money
( a lot more than most of us piano techs make), I doubt that the savings are
worth the additional trouble and expense of being an S Corp.  Your
accountant is the only person who can tell you that in real dollars and
cents values.

Will Truitt