Incorporation questions

Geoff Sykes thetuner at ivories52.com
Wed Mar 19 14:59:15 MST 2008

William --

I am doing this for the same reason. Less taxes and more income through
dividends. My accountant has offered to take me through the second step,
converting the corporation to an S-Corp, but I think he is resisting getting
involved before that. Perhaps I should just ask him outright if he would be
able to accomplish what your accountant did for you. That would be ideal.

The concept of issuing, but not selling, stock for a company that has but a
single board member, the owner, seems way too complicated to me. But then
taxes and the government were never meant to be easy.

Thanks for the tip on your banking. I was concerned that I would actually
have to have my customers write out checks payable to Blah-Blah-Blah, Inc.
Knowing that they can still write them out to me as long as I deposit it in
the business account is nice to know.

-- Geoff Sykes, RPT
-- Los Angeles