Yamaha jack question

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 13:32:25 MST 2008

I find that when faced with a similar situation with a Baldwin console or
spinet, even when the wippen, jack, and hammer flanges "seem" to be at spec,
based on how free the parts *appear* to be, if I take all the component
parts out for a particular unison and measure the gram resistances it all
starts to make sense. 12 grams in the wippen flange, 8 or 9 grams for the
jack (for example) -- it may seem alright until the sustain pedal is
engaged.Hope it all works out,
Patrick Draine