Yamaha Jack issue

pianolover 88 pianolover88 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 19 13:03:28 MST 2008

Just so happens the piano in question in my case is *also* and M500. Well, after putting action back in and checking LM and everything else I could think of, the problem seemed to have "lessened" somewhat, but some jacks still hang up for no apparent reason. I did pretty much everything you did as well and now I'm thinking the only thing left is to replace ALL the jack springs with a more heavy duty, stronger spring to insure full return. I would rather do this then stretch out the existing springs. I realize that this will make the touch heavier to some degree, and explained this to the customer. Although I could find some jacks still hanging up, when she sat down and played she was happy with the results and , and didn't seem to encounter any problems...yet.

Terry Peterson