Yamaha jack question (I figured...)

pianolover 88 pianolover88 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 19 08:35:21 MST 2008

I installed a DC unit in this very piano about 3 years ago.

Terry Peterson

Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 08:12:57 -0400
From: pianotech at nhpianos.com
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: Re: Re: Yamaha jack question (I figured...)

As an aside let me that I used to encounter this problem on some U1's
at a school here in NH, which I put down to seasonal changes in the
shape of the keybed. Installing DC's cured the problem completely. I
had thought that the keybeds were Luan (or some-such) plywood, which I
would have thought to be quite dimensionally stable. I have since
discovered that they are a foam-core construction, at least on these
20+ year old pianos.

- Mark Dierauf

pnotnr at aol.com wrote:

   I see a lot of
Yamaha's in the local schools here in Maine, and I'm always cranking up
capstans, then six months later cranking them back down.