Steinway M Backcheck Problem

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Wed Mar 19 07:01:46 MST 2008

Al -
Don't despair.  Your thoroughness and dedication will pay off.  You
will find the answer, and the light bulb going on over your head had
better be an LED.  Here are a few more questions:

Are you SURE that the key frame is COMPLETELY bedded at the back rail
as well as balance rail?
What do you mean, in your description below, by "floating"?
Can you get hold of a digital camera and post pictures of the parts?

David Skolnik