for those on the fence about hearing protection..

Phil Bondi phil at philbondi.com
Wed Mar 19 03:21:39 MST 2008

David Ilvedson wrote:
> not a question a comment...you're pounding too hard.

David, I am going to disagree. My level of tuning might be a
little lower or a little higher than the 84db that was
recorded yesterday, but I do not feel that 114db for a test
blow is out of line..at least it hasn't been so far in my
career. I realize we learn things everyday if we're paying
attention, and seeing that meter at 84db for an average was
a real eye-opener..and maybe the 114 is a bit much, but
that's what was recorded.

  I don't argue with tape.

  I am no expert with SPL's or db's, but I know I want to
protect my hearing as much as I can, and 84db for what I
call a 'medium' volume is simply alot of volume..and it's
really not that loud..at least to me.

Like your unison post, if someone finds it helpful..

-Phil Bondi(Fl)