OT Victor Borge - the Piano Tuner

Tom Sivak tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 14 05:30:18 MST 2008

Don

It was the last two pianos at the far end of the room
from the camera that led me to believe it was dubbed
in.  He sat at the piano on the right and reached
behind to play octave A's on the piano behind him at
the end of each phrase.

No one, not Victor Borge, not Horowitz, could reach
blindly behind himself and strike octave A's cleanly,
twice in a row.  I don't care how much he practiced,
unless he has eyes in the back of his head, that was
dubbed in.

The rest of it also looked dubbed in to me.  The
cavalier way in which he'd strike the chords as he
went from piano to piano.  There was no care at the
last moment to strike the right keys.  It was all for
show.

I'd bet a million dollars on it.

Tom Sivak
Chicago