Zits Comic

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 04:53:51 MST 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 9:00 PM, Alan Barnard <pianotuner at embarqmail.com>
wrote:

> Funny.
>
> When my youngest was going through the teen years, he once asked me (in
> reference to the Zits comic strip's creator), quote "Is that guy following
> me around, or what?"
>
> Alan Barnard
> Salem, MO

> From: "Jim Moy" <jim at jimmoy.com>
> To: "Pianotech List" <pianotech at ptg.org>
> Subject: Zits Comic
>

> >Funny piano-related comic I saw yesterday.  The strip is called Zits
> >and is about a teenager, often in relation to his parents.
>
> >  http://www.arcamax.com/pic/49206/955385
>
> >At least it resembles the teenager living in *my* house :-)
>
> >Jim
>

> >--
> >Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
> 2/29/2008 6:32
> >PM

I tune at the local University (University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse). About 2
months ago I was called to do a concert tuning for a jazz group that was
playing a benefit at the school. I arrived at 8 and was almost finished when
they arrived and began setting up. They were quite respectful and quiet and
I use earplugs so it really wasn't a problem. It was a student group and I
noticed the drummer bore a striking resemblance to the main character in
Zits. He had the slow moving, economy of movement, yet seemed to have extra
long arms and legs that kind of stuck out at odd angles.
I had some time so I stayed and listened a little to their rehearsal. I
watched this kid and he had that effortless look you see in a good drummer,
kept good time, wasn't flashy just always spot on with a cymbal or tom when
approriate. He seemed to just kind of sag/melt onto the drum throne again
very reminiscent of the teenager in Zits.

Mike

--
Life is like a ten speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.
Charles M.Schulz

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404