Steinway M Backcheck Problem

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Thu Mar 13 10:08:50 MST 2008

I had a similar problem with a D at the university. As John suggested, reshape and rough up the tails. Also check balancier pinning. But even when you've done all you can,?I have seen this problem on brand new Steinways. So apparently it's something Steinway allows to happen.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of