Bass Bridge Position-upright

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Tue Mar 11 20:55:30 MST 2008

Del,
I agree with this approach wholeheartedly which is why I've been
accumulating "guinea pigs". My hope is to clear off some dead wood and do
just what you describe. My question was based on the things I've been
reading from you, Ron, Ron, Dale, David, etc. for a few years now. My
judgment from the pictures was that the back scale was more than necessary
and gave up a bit too much speaking length. I also thought that visually,
the bridge seemed a bit further in than necessary. Naturally I don't have
anything to go on except the picture and that's why I asked for
clarification. Thanks so much for your post! (all of them actually)

Greg Newell
Greg's Piano Forté
www.gregspianoforte.com
216-226-3791 (office)