Side lifting tops on vertical pianos

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Mon Mar 10 17:26:07 MST 2008

Robin

Pulling the pin out is the easy part. Putting it back in is what creates the problem. The hinges have to be lined up perfectly. If they are not, it is easy to bend the long hinge pin as you try to push it back in.?Bruce's idea is fantastic. I hope it makes it?into the Journal's Tips sections. ?

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of