Unstable pianos

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 8 20:50:49 MST 2008

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 19:38:59, Don <pianotuna at accesscomm.ca> wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> Ebay!
>
> At 04:28 PM 3/8/2008 -0600, you wrote:
> >            "" wrong with the piano.            want this piano haunting
> me
> >as it surely will if I sell it locally.           Any ideas on other
> things
> >to look at or do, here?            Alan BarnardSalem, MO     No virus
> found
> >in this incoming message. Checked by AVG.  Version: 7.5.518 / Virus
> >Database: 269.21.7/1319 - Release Date: 3/8/2008 10:14 AM
> Regards,
> Don Rose, B.Mus., A.M.U.S., A.MUS., R.P.T.
> Non calor sed umor est qui nobis incommodat
>
> mailto:pianotuna at yahoo.com      http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/
>
> 3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
> 306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner

Hi Alan,

Those little Wurly spinets have tuning pins that are very close together in
the low tenor(center) section of the piano and rather long pins, 2&1/2".
Over time as they squirrel around in the holes that were never tight by most
standards to begin with, the holes begin to break out into each other
throughout that aforementioned center section. The fix? Lighter fluid and a
match!!
<g>

Mike

--
Life is like a ten speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.
Charles M.Schulz

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404