Copyright (was alleged... behavior)

Bruce Dornfeld bdornfeld at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 3 21:24:17 MST 2008

John Formsma made a suggestion that PTG compile the serial number and date information on pianos.  Most of you would not know this, but the PTG Foundation had talks with the owners of the Pierce Piano Atlas about purchasing it years ago.  I don't remember how long ago this was; I've been active on the Foundation board for eighteen years now.  It was probably over ten years ago.  Bob Pierce died in 1995, it may have been shortly after that.  At any rate, they wanted more money than we were able and/or willing to pay for it at that time.  I do not remember seeing sales figures for the books either, we may have asked for them and not received them.  It is always possible that the opportunity could present itself again.

Bruce Dornfeld, RPT
bdornfeld at earthlink.net
North Shore Chapter