The 1893 Julius Bauer

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Sun Mar 2 10:37:28 MST 2008

? Hi Mike
? The board will remain in it's original & intact self. It sounded quite good before tear down.? This is a historic preservation piece.? I don't do that often but hey if it ain't broke don't fix it (?or modify it.)
? Dale

Dale,

??? Nice pictures, don't let the United States Navy see that cast iron plate, they'll want it for an anchor. Are you duplicating the original soundboard with the ribs as they are???? Mike

?

Michael A. Morvan
Blackstone Valley Piano
Dedicated To Advancing The Art Of Keyboard Restoration
76 Sutton Street

?AM

Subject: The 1893 Julius Bauer

Hi All
? Dennis & I finally tore down the? Julius Bauer 6 ft. A truly amazing piece of engineering from antiquity. I have such respect for this man. Analyzing?his pianos sound board system & how it is constructed is truly fascinating. I consider him as much a pioneer (wild man) as Jonas Chickering.?