Wives tales ... violin tuning

A E eve_ane at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Jun 30 14:23:20 MDT 2008

lol.. 1 cent off... try recognising a 3rd  1 cent off... and calling it out within a couple of seconds... i dont know how he did that, and never will.. but something tells me thats neerly impossible...
i think i tottally didnt make myself clear concerning note recognition (stupid dyslexia, sorry)

i meant he could recognise a 3rd just at a finger snap, and tell me that its a cent or two off...
recognising individual notes is a no brainer.. but my guess is.. even in that case if ur off by a cent or two... ull still call out the right note....

Alicia

Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:27:14 -0500From: pianotech at a440piano.netSubject: Re: Wives tales ... violin tuningTo: pianotech at ptg.org

All due respect Alicia, but while guessing within 1 or 2 cents would indeed be mighty impressive, it is still 1-2 cents off.  Not perfect pitch, just very (very) good note recognition.

William R. Monroe

SNIP

... a few years ago i had a friend (may he rest in peace) who could tell  u exactly how sharp of flat the note was, and get it withing 1-2 cents....
 Alicia