Removing old keytops

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Thu Jun 26 21:43:04 MDT 2008

Shawn,
A delayed reply here. I recently ordered a set of keytops from Kawai for one of their models. While the fit was perfect, requiring only a little filing at the notch, the keytops them selves were very problematic for me with several of them cracking during the glue up. I have done many sets of key tops and have never encountered this problem. This meant buying another set for spares at the already high dealer price. Could have been operator error, but just thought I'd pass it along.
Fenton