Ernst Kaps grand

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Thu Jun 26 17:35:26 MDT 2008

Any large, heavy plate is sometimes referred to as "Panzer Platte" in
German.  If it were cast out of a higher grade, more expensive steel,
it would surely be designated "Stahl Platte", to set it apart from a
"Guss Platte" (cast iron plate).  So much for the language and
terminology.

But who knows exactly what Kaps' plate were made of?  One definite
answer would be the results of a lab test of a piece of the plate...
Jurgen Goering