One of those 30 year old self destruct mechanism concert grands

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Jun 25 18:22:27 MDT 2008

Hi folks...

Just thought I'd share this recording with you. Its a raw edit file that
has not been to final mix yet, but gives a pretty nice yield of this
round 30 year old Hamburg D. I found it in a very well equipped sound
studio here in town... neglected and very nasty.  Rock hard hammers and
glass shimmering falsness everywhere.  Seemed like there was still quite
a bit of piano underneath all the icy glass sound... so I talked them
into letting me put in about 12 hours of basic voicing regulation work.
A couple months later the local Big Band did a recording on it, I had to
go and tune it and used a couple more hours evening out the voicing. I
got lots of nice comments back... but just today I first got to hear the
raw edit recording.  A couple more CD's have been played in since on
this instrument and I have to admit its pretty darn nice.  Serial number
471XXX.

http://www.pianostemmer.no/music/Syng.wav

Enjoy.
RicB