New Wessel, Knickel & Gross plate suspension system

pianoguru at cox.net pianoguru at cox.net
Tue Jun 24 20:24:29 MDT 2008

Before I left M&H, I designed this system, and made the first prototype parts.  Glad to see they have it in production now.

A neat feature is that the lower bolt will accept a large Allen wrench, and just below that are the threads to accept the upper bolt.  This allows adjustment of the height of the lower bolt, through the plate hole, with an Allen wrench.  Just be sure the lower bolt is very snug in its threads, so that as you tighten the upper bolt into it, the lower bolt stays put as the upper tightens.

If the price is too high for you, make your own.

Frank Emerson