Pleyel action brackets

David Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 24 06:12:21 MDT 2008

Anyone have any ideas for repairing or replacing action brackets? I just
saw a turn of the century Pleyel, mostly good shape except that all the
action brackets are broken at the top front where the hold the hammer
rail. Needless to say its impossible to regulate. They seem to be a soft
metal and are very thin at this point, and Im curious about the
possibility of welding or if I should look into gluing one together and
using it as a pattern to cast 4 new ones. Is there a standard treatment
for problems like this?

---Dave
   New Orleans